The good news about Covid 19 – 25/03/20
25 March 2020 | Written by La redazione
Today’s good news about Covid-19, to look at the future with hope.
- In China, the situation appears to have improved. In the last 5 days there has been only one local case of infection (but still 47 cases from abroad) and in Wuhan province the government is loosening the chains of the lockdown. There remains skepticism about how the infections are counted (non-symptomatic positive to Covid-19 would not be included, for example, in the statistics).
- Materialize, a Belgian company that deals with 3D printing has created a door opener that, once attached to the handles, allows you to open the doors using your arms instead of your hands. In this way it is hoped to reduce any contagions due to contact with infected surfaces.
- To meet the high demand for lung respirators for intensive care, Ferrari and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles have made available technicians and factories. The help of these companies will allow faster production of components and assembly of respirators.
- For the third consecutive day the new infections recorded in Italy are falling: 3,612 while on Monday it was 3,780 and Sunday 3,957. We will have to wait a few more days to know for sure if this drop is due to the overcoming of the peak or to normal fluctuations.
- The San Carlo theater in Naples has launched the #StageAtHome initiative, in which it transmits, free of charge on the web, some plays and ballets from last season. The transmission will always take place at 20 and will be accessible through the social accounts of the Theater (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
- Hundreds of volunteer painters came forward to help set up the new field hospital in Bergamo. The appeal, made by Confartigianato and also spread by the Atalanta Football Club supporters network, has met with enormous success, reaching the goal of involving 15 volunteers in no time.