Good news about Covid 19 – 30/03/20
30 March 2020 | Written by La redazione
The good news today on Covid-19, to look to the future with hope.
- There are 16 newly developed drugs currently in development both to prevent and to treat coronavirus infections. To these are added several drugs already available on the market that could work to treat the disease.
- Sequencing the DNA of people at risk could provide valuable information on which subjects are most vulnerable to the disease, thus allowing more precautions to be put in place towards those at risk.
- To find a solution to the coronavirus emergency, Druid Collective launched the Solve Covid-19 initiative that connects researchers and scientists with projects, databases, funds and other free tools useful for research.
- Hydroxychloroquine is a drug that according to preliminary studies is giving encouraging results to treat coronavirus. It is normally used to treat malaria or rheumatoid arthritis. It will still take some time to make sure it is effective against SARS Cov2 but in the meantime the United States has authorized the use of the drug as a compassionate cure on 1100 patients in New York.
- In Israel, the First Robotics League, Microsoft Israel Research and Development, Ichilov Medical Center, Magen David Adom (MDA) and the 108th Air Force unit have developed a 3D printed open-source respirator that can replace, in case of needs, the most complex and advanced respirators used today.
- The first 8 of the 20 artificial respirators that Generali donated through the International Extraordinary Emergency Fund Covid-19 were delivered to Lombard hospitals. The fans arrived from the Dixion factory in Düsseldorf in Germany in Milan through a humanitarian operation managed by Hope Onlus.