Good news about Covid 19 – 31/03/20
31 March 2020 | Written by La redazione
The good news today on Covid-19, to look to the future with hope.
- In these days of emergency, 3D printing is demonstrating its true potential by supplying hospitals with instruments and equipment that would otherwise not be found. 3YourMind, a German startup, has developed a software to manage the production and distribution of printed objects.
- Robert Bosch GmbH has released a coronavirus test that can deliver a result in 2 1/2 hours, instead of the two days normally required.
- Luca is a thirteen year old from the province of Verona who every day sends guests to a retirement home where he volunteered videos in which he makes weather forecasts.
- The pharmaceutical company Inovio is developing a coronavirus vaccine that was designed by a computer in just three hours based on the genetic code of the virus.
- Dyson developed an emergency respirator in just 10 days and now plans to build 15,000 of them. Of these, 5,000 will be donated to charities in the hospitals of the world that will need them.
- “Cura” was born from the idea of an international team of architects, engineers, and doctors, an open-source project sponsored by Unicredit and the World Economic Forum which aims to build containers equipped to host coronavirus patients. Key points of the project are the speed of implementation times and the optimization of the relationship. Each container is equipped with all the medical equipment necessary to accommodate two patients and can be connected via inflatable corridors to create small hospitals.