Science and Medicine

AI can diagnose heart disease and lung cancer

5 January 2018 | Written by La redazione

To determine whether or not something’s wrong with a patient’s heart, a cardiologist will assess the timing of their heartbeat in scans. 80% of the time, their diagnosis of various heart problems is correct, but it’s the remaining 20% that shows the process has room for improvement. To that end, a team of researchers from the John Radcliff Hospital in Oxford, England, developed Ultromics, an AI diagnostics system that is more accurate than doctors at diagnosing heart disease. Meanwhile, startup Optellum is working to commercialize an AI system that diagnoses lung cancer by analyzing clumps of cells found in scans.

Read more about this news

La redazione
La redazione

read more