Good news about Covid-19 – 08/04/20
8 April 2020 | Written by La redazione
The good news today on Covid-19, to look to the future with hope.
- Jack Dorsey, Twitter CEO and co-founder, has announced that he will donate one billion dollars to a coronavirus fund. It equates to about a third of his assets, after the pandemic, what’s left will be used to provide education to girls who cannot afford it.
- International fashion is also doing a lot to deal with the ongoing health emergency. From the conversion of the textile factories in the production of gowns and masks to the substantial donations to hospitals, there are many luxury companies that in recent weeks are showing great solidarity.
- In Israel, doctors wearing protective suits have started wearing their own photos to show their patients who are taking care of them, a way to reassure those who may feel estranged from being treated by faceless doctors.
- A company from Corato, in the province of Bari, has developed a machine capable of autonomously producing 6 thousand surgical masks and Fpp2 per hour. The project also includes a section for automatic product packaging and a section for sanitizing. The project is open source so anyone can build it.
- A Canadian boyscout is 3D printing earmuffs that allow doctors to wear masks all day without pain.
- The Roman bookish bookshop created the “a suspended book” initiative that allows you to donate and deliver books to those in quarantine who cannot afford them.